Top Rated Gramercy Park Orthodontist
There are many different dental specialties and orthodontics is one of them. The Greek word of “orthos” means straight and “odons” means teeth so the word orthodontics means straight teeth. Orthodontists are specifically concerned and involved in diagnosing and treating misalignments of the teeth and also jaw irregularity. In the past, orthodontists were always focused on the treatments of teens and pre-teens but now they are focusing more on adults as well.
Benefits of Consulting with an Orthodontist
There are so many different advantages that go along with well-aligned teeth. Some of these can include easier cleaning on a daily basis, better oral hygiene, more clear speech and a much more pleasant smile. It has been shown that the earlier orthodontic treatment begins, the more quickly the problem can be successfully resolved. That doesn’t mean that adults shouldn’t get braces though, they can have a lot of positive impacts by getting their teeth straightened and fixed.
Problems that an Orthodontist can treat?
Orthodontics is a very large branch of dentistry. It can either be used alone, or even in combination with maxillofacial or cosmetic surgery depending on the circumstance.
Here are some of the common conditions treated with orthodontics:
- Anteroposterior deviations –An anteroposterior discrepancy or deviation is the discrepancy between a pair of closed jaws is known. An example would be an overbite or an underbite.
- Overcrowding – When there is an insufficient space for the normal growth and development of adult teeth is known as overcrowding. This is a common orthodontic problem.
- Aesthetic problems – There can be a misaligned tooth that can be realigned with ease and accuracy by an orthodontist. A beautiful straight smile may be hidden by that single misaligned tooth.
Gramercy Park Orthodontist Solutions
Orthodontics is a field that is advanced and constantly changing. It offers so many different sophisticated solutions so problems. The orthodontist will usually perform a visual examination at first, then panoramic X-rays, and bite impressions.
After a diagnosis has been made, there are a lot of different orthodontic treatment options available.
- Fixed orthodontic braces – These are braces that are metal or ceramic. They are cemented onto each tooth and then a wire is placed inside the base. With this technique, the orthodontist is able move the teeth into the proper alignment by adjusting the wire on a regular basis. When the result has happened, the braces then get taken off.
- Removable appliances – Luckily, there are a wide range of removable appliances that are commonly used in orthodontics. These can include headgear that is used to correct overbites,
- Invisalign® – This is a new product that is a removable type of dental aligner. This product is completely transparent. It also doesn’t interfere with eating because it’s removable but it still works the same way as traditional metal braces.