What is Invisalign?
Sometimes the wires and brackets that are found in traditional braces aren’t wanted by everyone. Luckily there is Invisalign clear aligners. Invisalign is a clear solution to straightening your teeth without all the wires and brackets. Invisalign is actually made so that no one can tell you have it. Invisalign uses phases of customized and removable clear aligners.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign uses the latest in cutting-edge orthodontic technology in order to move your teeth into the position designated. It actually uses this special computerized imaging and then a treatment plan is created to make phases of customized aligners. You’ll have to wear these aligners for two weeks at a time for a minimum of 20 hours per day.
After the two weeks are done, then you’ll move on to the next aligner in the series and keep repeating this process until your treatment is complete and all the phases are done.
What about Invisalign Teen®?
Invisalign Teen works exactly like the normal Invisalign. It has added benefits and features specifically for teens. Like Invisalign, the Invisalign Teen aligners are also removable which allows teens to eat all the things they love and enjoy without having to worry about breaking another bracket or even losing a rubber band. These Invisalign aligners are super comfortable and also very durable. They can even fit in with any extracurricular activities that teens want to do.
Either in sports or even playing an instrument in the school band, Invisalign Teen allows teens to not have to worry about their braces getting in the way or causing problems!
Invisalign Teen also has special features that important to teens and their lifestyle. The important “eruption tabs” actually leave an appropriate amount of space for the wisdom teeth to have enough space to grow.
More Advantages to Invisalign:
- Improved Oral Hygiene — You’ll be able to brush and floss properly during treatment and maintain optimum oral health because the aligners are removable.
- Virtually Invisible — No more metal wires and brackets.
- No Food Restrictions— Wearing braces caused you to have to cut back on your favorite crunchy and chewy foods. Invisalign allows you to remove your aligners and still eat your favorite foods.
- Comfort — Invisalign wont irritate your mouth and gums because it is made from a soft flexible material
- Teeth-Grinding Protection — If you have a habit of grinding your teeth or clenching your jaw while you sleep, Invisalign also functions as a night guard that can help prevent that from happening.
For more information on Invisalign and Invisalign Teen, schedule an appointment with Dr. Joseph Manfredi today.