Adult Braces in Gramercy Park
Usually, whenever anyone thinks of orthodontics and braces, they truly believe that they are only for the younger generations such as children and teenagers. Nowadays, most adults are becoming more and more comfortable with wearing braces; they usually are not comfortable with the thought of their braces being seen by family, friends, or employers. More and more adults are getting braces though so it’s important to know which one is best suited for your needs. With teenagers, their jawbones are still growing and that can make it easier for orthodontics and braces. When we become adults, our jawbones have settled and so has everything with it. This includes the overbites, underbites, and even the crowding of teeth. Luckily, there are so many new types of technology that make fixing these problems comfortable and actually take less time to correct than the standard braces.
Types of Braces for Adults
- Traditional – The traditional metal braces are what most people may be familiar with when they think of braces. They have wires and brackets and even offer patients colored or clear ties to hold the wire in place.
- Clear – These are similar to traditional braces but are virtually invisible. They match your teeth and make it less obvious.
- Invisalign – Invisalign are clear, plastic aligners that are custom-made to fit your teeth and mouth. They may be taken out for meals or special occasions. They fix your teeth without having something permanently cemented on.
- Synergy R – This is actually a new bracket system that is self-ligating. This actually means that there is no needs for the o-shaped rubber bands that are used to hold the wire to the bracket that are found within traditional braces. Although there are many different types of self-ligating brackets, the Synergy R’s have many benefits including that they offer more comfortable tooth movement, they use lighter force, they have lower friction, and it also takes a lot less time to have them adjusted and fixed if needed.
- Incognito – These braces are ones that are placed on the back side of the teeth. This allows them to not be seen by those around you. Because they are hidden, it lowers the self-consciousness that many adults have with braces. There are also a lot fewer wire adjustments which takes up less time.
Adult Braces – Are You Ready?
Adults shouldn’t avoid getting braces just because they aren’t teenagers anymore. There are so many advancements being made in orthodontics that there are now numerous options to avoid the “metal mouth.” Remember, we always feel that “every smile is a work of art”. Call Dr. Joseph Manfredi at Artista Dental Studio today to discuss your options for the best Adult Braces in Gramercy Park!