Porcelain veneers are one of the most versatile applications to bring back your smile. They correct cracked, chipped, crooked, stained and even gapped front teeth. As such, they are one of the most costly options to restore your smile, which leaves many patients concerned with how to make their investment last.
The good news is, porcelain veneers look exactly like your natural teeth. You need not avoid certain foods or put in place a certain routine to keep its beauty. As a matter of fact, porcelain veneers are tougher than natural teeth and they also cannot stain. Even though veneers can last for a long time, proper hygiene always goes a long way in helping them last for many years. Here are tips that you need to follow if you have veneers:
Do not chew on hard, non-food items
Like with normal teeth, chewing on hard things like pens or using your teeth as tools can possibly damage your veneers. Cracking or breaking them is rare, yet it is possible. Repeatedly chewing in the very same area or making use of specific teeth to open up bottle tops regularly can wear them out over time. Ice as well as hard sweets must likewise be eaten in small amounts and rarely to avoid any potential damage. This is just the same case with natural teeth.
Maintain Regular Dental Hygiene
Veneers can accumulate plaque as well as tartar buildup just the same way as natural teeth do, which is why it is important always maintain your dental hygiene. Brush your teeth twice a day, floss daily, and be sure to maintain your bi-annual dental appointments. Only a dental hygienist can remove tartar from your teeth, which always accumulates with time. Keeping your cleaning visit will certainly protect against worse problems, such as gingivitis and also dental caries, from occurring.
Eat Any Type of Food
You can eat any type of food when you have your veneers. Food that are known to stain teeth like wine, coffee, blueberries, and various other food will not have an effect on your porcelain veneers. This cannot be said for dental bonding, which is used to repair chips in the teeth. Although it is less costly, bonding will often become tarnished with time and will not match the rest of the tooth. Porcelain veneers will not stain and in addition to that, it will cover the whole front of the tooth to avoid mis-match in the teeth color.
Advantages of Porcelain veneers
There are many benefits that are associated with porcelain veneers. These include:
- Effective and efficient: whether your teeth are cracked, chipped, discolored, or you just want to change the shape of your teeth, getting porcelain veneers is the ideal solution for you. People will hardly be able to tell the difference and you will love your new smile.
- Quick procedure: In just two visits to your dentist, you can enjoy the blemish-free smile you merit.
- Stain resistant: It is a popular option for people that have teeth discoloration. Depending on the extent and grade of discoloration, teeth-whitening may not always be the effective option. Not only does porcelain veneers help cover the states, but there are also resistant to them giving you a brilliantly white smile.
- Long lasting – If well taken care of, porcelain veneers can last for more than 20 years. At Artista Dental Studios, we use only the best materials and the modern, safest procedural techniques, so you can be sure you are receiving the highest quality treatment.
- Smile makeover – Porcelain veneers can completely transform a smile in just 2 visits to the dentist. They are also compatible with the other dental treatments like teeth whitening, fillings and dental bridges.
To schedule your consultation for porcelain veneers today with Dr.Manfredi, get in touch with us on (212) 995-8930. At Artista Dental Studio, we’ll work to ensure we restore back your smile as soon as possible.